Microchanneling is also known as an advanced version of Microneedling, Dry Needling & Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT).
It is a minimally-invasive, non-surgical and non-ablative procedure for facial and body rejuvenation that involves the use of microneedling device to create controlled injury to the skin. This promotes a healing response in your skin, helping to minimize signs of aging, scars, stretch marks and a number of other skin issues.
All areas of the body can be treated. Most common for anti-aging are the face, neck and chest. We can also treat the abdomen and thighs for stretch marks. Microchanneling is also effective for hair regrowth in some circumstances.
The number of recommended treatments greatly depend on what we are treating. For light anti-aging treatments, 1-2 treatments may be sufficient. For deeper wrinkles and acne scarring, 4-6 treatments may be required to achieve desired results. There is no limit to the number of treatments that you receive.
There is some discomfort during the treatment. There is no lingering discomfort, and we have a number of strategies we employ to minimize discomfort during treatment
Results of Microchanneling can last between 2-10 years, depending on your lifestyle and age. For anti-aging we do recommend yearly treaments to maintain maximum results.
You can apply make-up, sunblock and other topical products after about 90 minutes. Immediately following the treatment you may anything from minor redness, to a deep red flush, which clears up in 4 to 72 hours, depending on how aggressive the treatment is.
You will typically notice an improvement in the quality and appearance of your skin within the first 24 hours. After 2-3 treatments a thicker more robust, collagen filled cellular matrix will produce more consistent and noticeable improvement. 6 or more treatments may be recommended for scarring, laxity and wrinkles. For hair regrowth some reactivation typically appears within the first two weeks, with noticeable improvement after about 5 weeks.
We cannot preform Microchanneling if you suffer from any condition that seriously impairs your immune system, have uncontrolled diabetes, any condition that seriously impairs your immune system, hemophilia or similar bleeding disorder, are currently recieving radiation or chemotherapy, pregnant or nursing, have an allergy to stainless steel, chronic inflammatory skin disease, or used Accutane in the past 2 years.
- Do not apply anything to treated areas, except for the Procell serum provided to you by your technician. We prefer that nothing touches the treated area for 24 hours after the treatment, including water.
- Use the hydrating mask provided by your technician for at least 10 minutes.
- The initial redness/sunburn feeling will remain for at least 90min depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment.
- Do not touch treated areas with your hands, cellphone or any other foreign objects for at least 90 minutes after your treatment is finished! Irritations from these sources can cause allergic reaction.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 24 hours post treatment. You may apply sunscreen the following day.
- You may resume your normal skin care regime 24 hours post treatment. Continue to use Procell serum before moisturizer after cleansing your face daily until it’s gone.
- Refrain from using AHA/retinol product for 2 weeks post treatment.
- Drink lots of water.
- You may experience drying and tightening of skin. Applying moisturizer liberally will help with the dryness. Never let your skin dry out!
- Some peeling or acne is to be expected.